Most people replace their home’s roof once in their lifetime. Some people move so much that they never have the opportunity to go through the experience of replacing their residential roof. Others are experts at remodeling their homes and replacing their roof. Whatever the case may be, there will come a time when a residential roofing project will cross your path. How will you attack this project? What will you list as your top five concerns for this project and in what order? This is a very challenging project for any homeowner. So many products, so many scam artists. How do you distinguish one contractor from another? Here are a few tips to ensure that you are dealing with a professional residential roofing contractor.
- Did the contractor set a ladder on your home and measure the roof?
- Did the contractor ask to look at your attic space?
- Does the bid state how your personal belongings outside of your home will be protected?
- Does the bid specifically state that they would clean every day before they go home for the day?
- Ensure that the contractor is licensed in California by asking for a copy of the license with the bid.
- Check a contractor’s license number at www.cslb.ca.gov or call (800) 321-CSLB.
- Make sure all residential roofing project expectations are in writing and only sign the contract if you completely understand the terms.
- Review the contract and ensure that the roofing contractor is not requesting more than 10% down or $1,000.00. Never agree to pay cash.
- Ask the contractor to provide a letter of certification or certificate of the manufacturer that he/she is proposing.
- Confirm that your residential roofing contractor has workers compensation insurance, general liability insurance, and automobile insurance. Ask for a certificate of insurance.
Once your residential roofing contractor has met these criteria, you can feel comfortable that you have done your homework to protect yourself from unscrupulous roofing contractors. At Ben’s Roofing, Inc., we take pride in our work and treat your home as if it were ours. We are certified by some of the best roofing manufacturers in our industry. With a wide range of options, we are sure to have a re-roofing solution that fits your residential needs. Let us provide you with the peace of mind that you deserve.
We have experience in the following commercial and industrial re-roof applications:
- Asphalt applied residential roof systems
- Torch applied residential roof systems
- Self-Adhered roof systems
- Single Ply PVC roof systems
- Single Ply TPO roof systems
- Single Ply KEE roof systems
- Residential composition shingle roof systems
- Concrete and Clay tile roof systems
- Wood shingle and wood shake roof systems
- Architectural sheet metal roof systems
- Fluid Applied Roof Coatings