Apartment roof repair in Oakland is a tricky subject for some landlords:
- Roofing leaks, mold, mildew, and untreated piles of debris on flat roofs can cause catastrophe, if you wait too long to address the issues.
- Mildew and mold can sicken your apartment tenants and even lead to lawsuits in the Oakland courts.
- Repairing or replacing a damaged roof is far more expensive than dealing with a slightly leaky roof.
- Water damage can set the stage for apartment building electrical fires.
- An ongoing apartment roof problem will make it challenging for you to attract and keep tenants in Oakland.
Fortunately, the Oakland area does not get lots of icy, slushy, wintry weather. But rainwater and debris can still pool on flat roofs of apartments. This gunk can clog up gutters and obscure “obvious” cracks and damage. Your roof may look fine to the untrained eye – just covered with a light dusting of tree debris. But if you swept away that debris, you might find cracked, discolored, or warped areas – signs of deep structural problems underneath.
Even if you could carefully inspect your Oakland apartment roof yourself, you will not likely discover all the problems, without a trained eye.
Roof damage can manifest in peculiar ways. For instance, an eccentric drainage problem on the top floor can cause dark spots to form on the ceiling of a second floor apartment. The untrained inspector might not be able to connect the dots — that is, to trace the spots back to the source. Leaks often follow nonlinear pathways, so “common sense” maintenance may not be enough to identify or address the problem.
Fortunately, you don’t have to deal with your Oakland apartment, flat roof maintenance concerns by yourself.
An Oakland roofing contractor with Ben’s Roofing would be happy to talk with you about your concerns and give you a free, fair, and thorough estimate. We can help you understand what can be done to meet your roofing repair objectives, protect your tenants, and make property as easy to manage as possible. Connect with us today for a free estimate. Use the contact form on the right of this page or give us a call (510) 690-8570 between 9 am to 5 pm, Mon – Fri.