Bay Area Roofing Company on HOA Roof Replacement
If you belong to a HOA – or Homeowner’s Association- you likely know that there are typically hoops that you need to jump through when it comes to repairs, remodels, and projects. This is certainly the case when you are faced with roofing issues. Move things along with negotiations and clear communications between your HOA and the roofing company hired for the job.
How can you better negotiate a reroof with your HOA? Some tips for working with your HOA include these:
- Be prepared before meeting and presenting your project to the HOA. Ask to be on the agenda or for a special meeting and bring Bay Area re-roofing experts to attest that the bid is a fair one.
- Have an expert on-hand to discuss why the cheapest bid is not necessarily the best one- nor the one that the HOA should endorse. For instance, warranties cost a little more but guarantee a resolution if you are unhappy with the outcome from a Bay Area reroofing contractor.
- Always be clear and communicative with your HOA. They can make or break your roofing project. Plus make sure that you maintain a ‘paper trail’ of communications with HOA members. That is, keep emails, texts, or correspondence that is relevant to your project.
- Build trust among the committee by being communicative and easy to reach throughout the process.
- Ask for the input or concerns of others in the community after you have accepted a bid, but before the construction or HOA roof replacement commences. This will make people feel heard and informed about what is going on in their community. While you may not always please everyone, you are demonstrating that you care about their opinion.
- There can be some politics involved with successfully working with a HOA. Remember that typically, there are a lot of different, often strong, personalities involved here. Stay engaged, respectful, and communicative.
- Be open to their perspective- even if it differs from your own.
- Convey how the roofing project will contribute to resale of the home later-on. Be prepared to demonstrate this with a real estate expert or area comps. Doing the job right will have long-reaching advantages for the entire neighborhood.
Contact us for Bay Area HOA Roof Replacement
Use these tips to successfully negotiate and work with both your HOA and a Bay Area roofing company, like Ben’s Roofing. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help with your next roofing project.