The Importance of Repairing a Roof Leak
Professional Roof Repair
Whether you’re a landlord who recently discovered that your building’s flashing is warped and/or falling off; or you’re a homeowner who found streaks of mold in your attic, you may need to call a roofing contractor, ASAP, to stop the leak and fix underlying damage.
A visible leak may be just the proverbial “the tip of the iceberg.” The damage that you can see with your eyes may be just a fraction of the total damage. Leaks can cause a variety of problems:
- Immediate clean up work and costs. For instance, you might need to extract and replace damaged shingles, flashing, and gutters. You may also need to repair/replace rotted wood and damaged structures (similar to the photo above);
- Leaks left to fester can grow geometrically. Your instinct might be to “do nothing” — or, rather, to “do as little as possible” — especially if you’re managing a large commercial property. It can be expensive and annoying to fix a roof issue. But industrial roofing repair can get progressively more expensive, the longer that you wait;
- Rotted roofs can compromise your structure and get you in trouble. You may face problems, such as: code violations, lawsuits, etc;
- If you own a commercial building, a damaged/rotting roof may drive away business. Tenants could complain or even abandon their leases;
- Problematic roofs can create accidents. For instance, if a worker, tenant or inspector slips on mildewed shingles and breaks his back, he can sue you for damages;
- Leaks can destroy your building’s air quality. Mold, mildew, and other microbes can make the premises uninhabitable – and lead to extra costs for removal/sanitation.
Call a Professional Roofing Contractor to Assess the Damage
Make the smart, proactive choice for effective and thorough residential or commercial roofing repair. Contact Ben’s Roofing today by filling out our online contact form here on our website, or by calling (510) 690-8570.